[Qgis-user] Qgis-web-client: apache config

Mathias Walker mwa at sourcepole.ch
Mon Dec 5 02:37:34 PST 2011

> I try to install the new update of Qgis-web-client. However, at "For the
> Terminally Lazy", after reloading the Apache I found this error:
>
>         Syntax error on line 38 of
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/qgis-web-client.conf:
>         Invalid command 'RewriteCond', perhaps misspelled or defined by
> a module not included in the server configuration
>         Action 'configtest' failed.
>         The Apache error log may have more information.
>         ...fail!
>
> This is what in line 38:
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(?:.*)query=samplesearch&*(?:.*)$
>

> Is it okey to ignore it?

The RewriteCond is optionally used for the search panel of the QGIS web-
client. The RewriteRules are used for nicer URLs to the QGIS maps and web-
client files.

You have to enable the Apache 'mod_rewrite' module on your system, so it can
use the 'RewriteCond' and 'RewriteRule' commands.

Best regards
Mathias Walker
--
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
Churerstrasse 22, 8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland