[Qgis-user] WFS Transactions to GeoServer freeze QGIS

Gis Mage gismage at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 02:11:35 PST 2011

Hi list!

I would like to know if anyone has any luck editing wfs layers
published with geoserver?

I have the following situation:
First I connect to a geoserver wfs service and get a list of layers.
Then I add a layer topp:states to the map (this is one of the
shapefiles, which comes by default with geoserver)
I turn on editing and add one polygon to the layer. The poly is added
ok and the attributes are filled ok to.
When I hit Save edits QGIS freezes forever with 100% processor load
and nothing happens.

Looking through geoserver log I don't see any request for wfs
transaction. So I assume it's a qgis bug.
When I'm editing the same layer with uDig, transactions work ok and I
see the corresponding messages in the geoserver log.