[Qgis-user] Re: Install QGIS server on Ubuntu

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Dec 13 08:05:59 PST 2011

Hi Anita

In the GetCapabilities response, a WMS server gives back the urls for
GetMap and GetFeatureInfo (they could be different to the url used for
GetCapabilities). However, in most cases, the base url is the same as
for GetCapabilities. Even worse, in most cases, the advertised urls for
GetMap and GetFeatureInfo are wrong. QGIS server generates those urls
from the cgi environment variables, other servers rely on admin
configuration.

In most cases, it is appropriate to select the two options (we should
probably select them by default).

Regards,
Marco