[Qgis-user] files dwg in QGIS

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Dec 19 12:31:13 PST 2011

Le lundi 19 décembre 2011 21:23:38, Andreas Neumann a écrit :
> no - unfortunately FDO does not support DWG files --> see
> http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-2010-mapguidefdo-wishlist-revisi
> ted.html (item 6)
>
> I guess Autodesk regards DWG as their "crown jewels" and therefore does
> not support OS developement around DWG.
>
> There is a FDO/OGR bridge, but unless FDO has some advantages over OGR -
> why should one use it? DWG support in FDO would be one reason to look
> into FDO.

A few weeks ago, I wanted to try FDO to see what value it could bring, and I
couldn't manage to build it under Linux. It is supposed to be possible, but
following the build instructions was just too complicated for me. Or perhaps
because I didn't want to follow the build instructions that want to make
/usr/local user writable...