[Qgis-user] files dwg in QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 19 12:23:38 PST 2011

no - unfortunately FDO does not support DWG files --> see
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-2010-mapguidefdo-wishlist-revisited.html
(item 6)

I guess Autodesk regards DWG as their "crown jewels" and therefore does
not support OS developement around DWG.

There is a FDO/OGR bridge, but unless FDO has some advantages over OGR -
why should one use it? DWG support in FDO would be one reason to look
into FDO.

Andreas