[Qgis-user] 2 Questions on Road-Graph plugin

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 2 00:32:38 PST 2011

 Hi,

 First let me thank for the excellent road-graph plugin. I tested it on
 my city's sewage network to find connected sewage pipes. I was able to
 configure to only follow directed lines (all our lines are digitized in
 flow direction).

 I have two questions/suggestions regarding the plugin:

 1. If it can't find a connected route - there is no message/result at
 all. Would it be possible to indicate the user that the plugin could not
 calculate a route instead of just doing nothing? Otherwise the user
 won't know if the plugin is still calculating or if it did not find a
 route. Alternatively there could/should be a clearer indicator that the
 plugin is still calculating.

 2. what tolerances are used for the start/end points? How close do they
 need to be to the vertex or a segment? As far as I can tell it does not
 support/honour the snapping settings for the setting of the start and
 end points?

 Thanks for your comments!

 Andreas

 --