[Qgis-user] How to get group index ?

Kris Nackaerts knackaerts at gmx.net
Thu Feb 3 08:29:07 PST 2011

Dear,

I'm trying to get the correct group index from python so I can move layers into a predefined group. I can get the list of groups, but not the correct index in the full legend tree. Anyone who knows how to get this?

I found one solution, but this is not working anymore:
http://code.google.com/p/cataisrepository/source/browse/trunk/qgis/plugins/soverify/tools/utils.py?spec=svn89&r=89

It uses relationList = iface.legendInterface().groupLayerRelationship()
, a function that doesn't exist.

my trial was:
		if 'Templates' in legend.groups():
			g_templates = legend.groups().indexOf('Templates')
		else:
			g_templates=legend.addGroup('Templates')
		legend.moveLayer(loadedLayer,g_templates)

Any hints?

Kris