[Qgis-user] compiling from source, how to build qgis-mapserver qgis_map_serv.fcgi ?

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 10 06:02:52 PST 2011

dear list

Im trying to compile qgis from source in order to generate the
qgis-mapserver qgis_map_serv.fcgi file.
I followed the documentation on http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Installation_Guide
and on http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/qgis_wms/documentation/index.html

I can build a working qgis both on Linux (ubuntu) and on Windows, but I must
be missing something as the .fcgi file is never generated.

The Qgis-mapserver documentation say I need the FCGI library but is there
some configuration somewhere I need to change to instruct the build to use
that library in order to generate the .fcgi file?

I know there is a qgis-mapserver debian package available, I installed it
and it works fine, but I would really like to be able to build the .fcgi
file

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Oliver Christen