[Qgis-user] ecw problems

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 16 18:33:38 PST 2011

Hi,

I've hit a brick wall.

I used to have ecws loading fine, but after my recent upgrade (via osgeo4w) it seems to have stopped working.

I have the ecw dlls in c:/windows/syswow64 and c:/windows/system32 (just to be sure) as per instructions (http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal17-ecw, and http://www.surfaces.co.il/?p=793) but with no luck.

I've tried reinstalling gdal17-ecw, and tried rebooting a couple of times just in case that helped (sometimes it does).

But, persistantly no ecw is showing in gdalinfo --formats
(and so obviously I'm also getting the "ecw is not a supported raster data source" error message

Any suggestions?

-ramon.
(this is one of these new fangled 64-bit windows systems)