[Qgis-user] SIP problem on startup

Jorge Tornero jorge.tornero at cd.ieo.es
Thu Feb 17 01:07:15 PST 2011

                                                     Ver como página Web
Hi John,

AFAIK, you'll have to install the plugin installer plugin (manage
plugins>>check olugin installer. After that, in the same menu a new
option, I guess something like get python plugins or something like that
---my qgis is in spanish, sorry:), will appear and then you'll hace
access to all the repositories.

Cheers

El jue, 17-02-2011 a las 09:49 +0100, John escribió:
> Thanks Noli,
>
> Yes, Ubuntu 10.10
>
> Trunk seems to be working for me, at least I don't get the error
> message. Is there a way to test though?
>
> Also, shouldn't I have a menu option: Plugins > Install Plugins? I
> only have "Manage Plugins". How do I install new plugins?
>
> Sorry for my ignorance,
> john
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > I guess this is in Linux i.e. Ubuntu.
> >
> > The sip module is new and not compatible with qgis.
> >
> > This is the same problem with this posting below.
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org/msg08737.html
> >
> > Noli
> >

> > On 2/17/11, John <washakie at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Apologies if this is a double post, but I had some problems with my
> >> initial list subscription.
> >> Hello, I'm trying to run QGIS, but I get the following error on start up:
> >>
> >> Couldn't load PyQGIS.
> >> Python support will be disabled.
> >>
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>  File "", line 1, in
> >> RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the qgis.core
> >> module requires API v7.1
> >>
> >> Seems rather critical to have Python support.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any ideas?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> john
> >>
> >> --

Jorge Tornero Núñez
Centro Oceanográfico de Cádiz
Instituto Español de Oceanografía
Puerto Pesquero - Muelle de Levante, s/n
11006 Cádiz - España
Tel. +34 956294189
Fax. +34 956294232
www.ieo.es