[Qgis-user] qgis/osgeo4w error after update

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Feb 19 08:45:19 PST 2011

Hi Giovanni,

On Fri, 18. Feb 2011 at 11:30:56 +0000, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
> I just made a new fresh installation on a Seven machine (no other
> software installed) and I still get the same message.

Please check qgis.exe with depends[1].  qgis.exe is located in
OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev\bin and you also need to add OSGeo4W\bin to the module
path in depends (Options menu, Configure Module Search Order, Browse..., Add
Directory).

I'd expect that you find some DLL in system32, that also has a different
version in OSGeo4W bin (maybe PostgreSQL or SSL).  Removing it from or renaming
it in system32 will then probably cure that problem for QGIS.

Jürgen

[1] http://dependencywalker.com/depends22_x86.zip

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden