[Qgis-user] Error with Home Range plug-in

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:50:57 PST 2011

Hi,

> The plugin requires the installation of R and several R modules.

on windows is more complicated than that

First you need to use R < 2.12 because since 2.12 the R binaries are
installed in a different relative location and the rpy2 library (windows
version) wasn't yet updated yet.

If you are on XP then you are almost done, needing just to install a few
R libraries (with dependencies): adehabitat, rgdal, gpclib, shapefiles

If you are on Vista/Seven there is one more annoying thing:

R installs the libraries in a folder called

C:\Users\username\Documents\R\win-library\2.x

but then the plugin (the HR one, like others that R based) looks into

C:\Users\username\R\win-library\2.x

You then need to copy the installed libraries in the "right" folder.

After that it all works fine.

cheers

-- Giovanni --