[Qgis-user] Plugins re-organization

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:36:35 PST 2011

Hi,

>In this moment you must always navigate at least 2 levels, instead after the reorganization you would navigate at least 2 levels and 3 sometimes only:

>2 levels if the plugin add only one button (Database->SubMenuName->PluginAction)
>3 levels if the plugin have more than one button (Database->SubMenuName->PluginMenuName->PluginAction)
>In fact there're only few plugins which have more than one button in their menu.

You are right. For plugins like 'Postgis Manager' and 'RT_SQL' there are and will be only 2 levels. But it will be much cleaner.

Taking into account what Alister Hood said:>I seldom use most plugins, I had an other idea for plugins organization, not necessarily to be implemented now: The plugin manager could have customizable "Plugin Sets", so when you change the "Plugin Set" it disable and enables a collection of plugins. Something like the "Layers States Manager" in AutoCad (it could be "Plugin States Manager").or like the concept of "workspaces", or "perspectives" like in Eclipse IDE.
Regards,
Pablo.