[Qgis-user] Re:Newbie question - gml files

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:19:45 PST 2011

You can download it from
www.gdal.org

you must use almost a 1.7.2 version.
I don't know if you work on windows or linux.

You must specifically download the OGR tools.

you find incstruction for ogr2ogr here
http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html

and all the supported formats here:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

however for windows
the more simple way is to download from this link:
http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/

and specifically this version
http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/Download.aspx?file=release-1500-gdal-mapserver.zip

aexplode it and put in a folder all the executables and all the dll.
after from a dos console call
ogr2ogr.exe with options for convert from GML to shapefile.

Regards,
Andrea.