[Qgis-user] Re:Newbie question - gml files

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:51:23 PST 2011

Ok,

I'll try again.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k6MSEbx0CQm5QDaZeu3Ukw?feat=directlink

Where would i find these library files?

And why does it not work in QGIS?

(I installed qgis version 1.4.0 and it DOES actually start :)  so thats a
benifit ... but still does like the .gml files.

Isn't gdal part of this program?

It's asking to find the files "gdal18dev.dll"   and i dont know where this
file is hiding.

Again, do i need to install a different Operating system to make it work?
(I'm using windows XP)

Thanks,
Sam

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, aperi2007 <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  You can download it from
> www.gdal.org
>
> you must use almost a 1.7.2 version.
> I don't know if you work on windows or linux.
>
> You must specifically download the OGR tools.
>
> you find incstruction for ogr2ogr here
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html
>
> and all the supported formats here:
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html
>
> however for windows
> the more simple way is to download from this link:
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/
>
> and specifically this version
>
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/Download.aspx?file=release-1500-gdal-mapserver.zip
>
> aexplode it and put in a folder all the executables and all the dll.
> after from a dos console call
> ogr2ogr.exe with options for convert from GML to shapefile.

The ogr2ogr.exe file is hidden in the
D:\Downloads\release-1500-gdal-mapserver\bin\gdal\apps directory.
does it automatically look in the
D:\Downloads\release-1500-gdal-mapserver\bin  folder?