[Qgis-user] Re:Newbie question - gml files

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 15:25:52 PST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> I think you should install Qgis 1.6 instead of Qgis 1.4 (old :-).
>
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Download#Windows

Yes, i know that ... and the program does not work..

> I think the standalone might be OK to work with gml file.
>
> I tried one of these files you mentioned in the link, the second one,
> it works in Qgis 1.6.
>
> http://ftp2.cits.rncan.gc.ca/pub/canvec/province_gml/nl/
>
> To open GML, Click Add Vector layer and select file (GML), the select the
> layer.

Yup, thats the same way.

> It might be good to install the FWtools so you will have the complete
> tools and dependencies.
>
> http://fwtools.maptools.org/

Yup,  that's the "Different Operating System"  which is not included in the
installer... thus, a user who does not have this installed already, it
cannot work. :-)

Recommendation:   Add in this program as an add-on when installing QGIS
..
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ku9B-kS3LETTcTSGnqRkkA?feat=directlink

That's a nice little program... what do i do with it?
and i show the error message.

Cheers,
Sam