[Qgis-user] Re:Newbie question - gml files

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:44:08 PST 2011

The command line projection setting doesnt do anything, just causes and
error.

So now im trying  qgis, and using verious combinations.   least im able to
change the projection of the .shp files around, and this .gml file does move
around when i change the projection.

According to this,
http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/geogratis/en/faq.html#q6
it could also be NAD27 ... the projection does change when you get further
north to the arctic circle.

Now that at least the .gml file can be directly converted to .shp (with the
wrong projection)  i can at least play around and try to find the best match
:)

thanks,
sam