[Qgis-user] Re: Newbie question - gml files

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 05:43:16 PST 2011

P.S.
I just uploaded that raw .shp files that was converted for me to
koordinates.com and it still showed the wrong projection . :(
http://koordinates.com/layer/2036-en-1120009-1/#@z=4&c=-58.49101%2C50.75684&e=&l=2036&mt=PHYSICAL

Would anyone be able to load a sample .shp file from canvec like this one
http://ftp2.cits.rncan.gc.ca/pub/canvec/50k_shp/001/k/canvec_001k14_shp.zip
and show a screen view that the .gml / new shp file shows up in the right
area?
or when people said "it shows up fine"  that meant that they were able to
see it squed over the tip of antartica, just fine  (thinking that it's how
it's supposed to look)?
I'll ask NRCan to very this.

Thanks again,
Sam