[Qgis-user] data defined labelling field details?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jan 8 10:20:21 PST 2011

I want to try some data defined labelling, but I could not find any info about how to configure data fields.

Some of them look obvious, like integers or floats/reals for sizes and offsets, and character/varchar for font.

Maybe boolean for bold/italic/underline/strike?  Or does Qgis want a char representation of a boolean for these?

Placement I think should be a char field, but what are the values to use?  Spell out placement strings? ("Above Left", ...)  Or some sort of abbreviations?  Or maybe it's an integer lookup of the placements?

Color - RGB values (in a char field)?  what separator to use?

Any other details other details I didn't think of to ask about?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy