[Qgis-user] Missing primary key.

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Jan 8 13:15:39 PST 2011

[please keep the thread on the list.  And if you want to do me a favor, use
plain text and reply inline]

Hi Byron,

On Sat, 08. Jan 2011 at 11:30:22 -0600, Byron Como wrote:
> On 1/8/2011 11:19 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> >  Maybe you had oids before?

> Nope, only the geometry table uses oids. The data tables all have gid,
> ineger, as the primary key. In pgadmin the data can be manipulated normally -
> copied, pasted, deleted and all the columns are correct.

So you have oids on the geometry table you try to insert, but QGIS is still
complaining?

On Sat, 08. Jan 2011 at 14:37:27 -0600, Byron Como wrote:
> On 1/8/2011 2:29 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> > The python included in the standalone installer should work.  Are you
> > trying to make it use your python 2.7 installation?  If so, that might
> > cause the problem.

> Ah, here's where the whole episode gets murky. The error message occurred
> after installing using the 'simplified' installer - before I installed any
> extra python software. I decided to install the extra python and psycopg2
> packages after failing to find any good suggestions on resolving the
> problem searching Google. Your feed back is helpful. Now I know I don't
> need the extra python packages. Then is the problem an evironment variable
> setting?

Do you have PostgreSQL installed locally?  Were PostgreSQL directories added to
the PATH or installed in %WINDIR%\system32.  That might interfere.

Try "import psycopg2" in the python console (or a python started from the
OSGeo4W shell).  It's output might shed some light on the problem.

Maybe it's not just a python problem and is somehow related to the primary key
problem.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden