[Qgis-user] data defined labelling field details?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jan 11 09:07:18 PST 2011

Am Sonntag, 9. Januar 2011, um 16.22:05 schrieb William Kyngesburye:
> No, I did not set the X,Y data fields - I want the X,Y to be the point
> coordinates (maybe a distance from), so the X,Y data fields is redundant
> and I'd have to figure out and fill in all the coordinates.

Hm, right. This is one of the few cases where I'd still recommend the old
symbology engine ;-)

> so the X,Y data fields is redundant
> and I'd have to figure out and fill in all the coordinates.

Maybe a tool that creates columns with x-/y-values for point position /
polygon centroid / line center could solve the problem (e.g. in the field
calculator). There will be redundancy, but it is a special case that the
labels for a point layer are directly on the point location (covering the
point symbol). In general, it will be good to have feature position and label
position separated.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland