[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.6 (windows XP) Error 'Entry Point Not Found'

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 10:18:02 PST 2011

Hi,

Ok, so i tried another approach.
 I backed up my hard drive, and then removed all of the programs.
I created a new windowsXP user account, and fully removed the old one.
I defragged the hard drive, to make no trace of the programs.

I downloaded and installed the installer
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Download#OSGeo4W_Installer
and selected to install all of the libraries.
It took a while to download.
When it was done, i clicked on the program icon and got this error
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/60S_R485ZQgViUt1SNyKJw?feat=directlink

Has anyone seen this error before?
And can anyone explain what this error is, and why it happens?

I'm going to try again, remove it totally and remove the user account, and
create a new profile and defrag the hard drive.
then I'll try downloading the standalone installer
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Download#Standalone_Installer_.28recommended_for_new_users.29

Thanks,
Sam

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn