[Qgis-user] Freehand tool/plugin crashes QGIS with invalid geometry when releasing left mouse key

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:49:11 PST 2011

Hi list,
I'm using QGIS 1.6 on ubuntu 10.04.
When I use the freehand plugin if I fail to close a polygon correctly
QGIS crashes. I've also got a mac where failing to close the polygon
in the same way creates an error message about invalid geometry and
closes / crashes the plugin tool only.

As soon as I raise the digitising pen from my tablet the plugin tries
to create the polygon, I need to right click (either on the pen or
with the mouse key) while the pen is still on the tablet or if I'm
using a mouse to digitise then right click without lifting my finger
from the left mouse button.

Is it possible to change this action in the settings? Preferably an
action where holding the mouse button down or having the pen on the
tablet is digitise mode and where the next point floats when the mouse
button is released and no attempt to create the polygon is made until
close polygon button is pressed.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to use the freehand plugin
combined with the split features tool?

Thanks
Matt