[Qgis-user] Re: Newbie question - gml files

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:54:36 PST 2011

Hi Sam,

> An update:
> I've tried downloading the osgeo4w program from after cleaning my hard
> drive, and still the errror. :(

You still got the same error.

> Can anyone confirm that this works? (download the .gml and open it up)

Yes, I can open all the layers, by selecting all of them.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and QGIS 1.7.0 trunk.

> I might need to do a factory reset on my computer, maybe that will help?

I think you have to try using Linux - Ubuntu.

It is very easy to install and use linux now.

Get a cheap hard drive < $50 and remove hard drive and put this new
drive and install ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10.

In an hour or 2 you will be running QGIS and solve your problem.

Regards,

Noli