[Qgis-user] Re: Newbie question - gml files

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:55:07 PST 2011

Cool :-)  Happy News.

I used
http://www.tatukgis.com/Products/EditorViewer.aspx
<http://www.tatukgis.com/Products/EditorViewer.aspx>from the Tech support.
I was told to
1- create a .prj file (from a shape file that works, in this case from the
canvec_NTS_shp files)
and rename it as the same name as the .gml file.
PE_TR.prj

2 - a little hack text file called
PE_TR.gml.ini
containing only

[TatukGIS Layer]
AxisOrder=NE
Visible=YES

... i needed to be fast, as the software only gave me 10 mins to play.  So
here the layer that i needed.

http://koordinates.com/layer/2142-ca-lx-242009-1-trails/

<http://koordinates.com/layer/2142-ca-lx-242009-1-trails/>Now since it's 1
big .shp file, i can play :)

Thanks for all your help.
Sorry for being a pain, i'm sure you can imagine that it
was frustrating having the data but not being able to look at it...

... now i need to reinstall everything that i removed :D

cheers,
Sam