[Qgis-user] Making a vector layer of raster files extent

HÅKON BORCH hborch at me.com
Mon Jan 24 07:38:40 PST 2011

Helo
I have a catalog of  95 rasters with DEM. Each time I want to use them I have to load a lot of them to find the one I need that covers the area I am interested in. Is there a way to generate a layer containing polygons of the extent of each layer. I want to make this layer to easy find which DEM i should load to a project.

Or is there an other smart way to deal with a lot of heavy raster files, without waitng and waiting and waiting for them to render.
Best
Håkon Borch