[Qgis-user] Making a vector layer of raster files extent

Saber Razmjooei razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 09:04:47 PST 2011

I guess it's better to be done in GRASS.
A script:
	1- To import dem1 (r.in.gdal or r.im.arc)
	2- set the region to the raster (g.region rast= dem1)
	3- Create a vector out of the region with the same name of the raster
(v.in.region output=dem1)
	4- add a database to the new vector (v.db.addtable map=dem1
columns=name VARDCHAR(20))
	5- update the name column to get the value of dem1 (v.db.update
map=dem1 column=name value=dem1)
	6 - Create a loop to do it for all 95 dems
	7- Merge the vectors
If you use Linux, it is easy to do a bash script to do it all quickly.
Hope that helps
Sab