[Qgis-user] bug

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:49:20 PST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>wrote:

> > So could this be the problem?  A conflict of interest for this file?
>
> Is indeed a conflict with other copies of the same .dll installed by
> other programs
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2965

Well... where getting warmer :)
I went and renamed the QtCore4_.dll file to
 QtCore4_old.dll

and ran the CCleaner program to make sure everything was gone.

This setup version includes Grass ... is there a version of Qgis 1.6 which
does NOT include grass?  Perhaps grass is causing the conflict of interest?

Grass GIS seems to be a competing mapping program as it appears todo the
same things as Qgis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS
 And it too seems to be a lovely program. (for those who know how to use it)
:)

So it appears that this discussion has now gone off topic, as Grass has
 it's own mailing list and support system, there is a handy 'start Grass now
button' and a handy 'Uninstall Grass' option too.  The instruction file
requires me to actually read it... so maybe it'll help :)

Perhaps this program can convert the canvec gml files to the correct
projection? :0)  .. (I was able to convert a bunch of the .gml files using
tatukGIS with a projection hack.  But i only had 10 days with it, and it
only was able to run for 25 minuites, but a large file took more that that
time to process... lol
http://www.tatukgis.com/Downloads/TrialFreeVersions/Editor.aspx

I guess that once the file is converted to shp then qgis (1.4) can handle it
no problem.

Cheers,
Sam