QTCore4.dll Error (was Re: [Qgis-user] bug)

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Jan 27 13:12:26 PST 2011

> > > So could this be the problem?  A conflict of interest for this
> file?
> >
> > Is indeed a conflict with other copies of the same .dll installed by
> > other programs
> >
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2965
>

> Well... where getting warmer :)
> I went and renamed the QtCore4_.dll file to
>  QtCore4_old.dll
>
> and ran the CCleaner program to make sure everything was gone.

I think CCleaner won't achieve much - isn't it intended to clean up
after programs that have been uninstalled?
The problem is probably due to other QT libraries (i.e. not QtCore)
in the system directory, and maybe other dependencies too.

I think you need to uninstall the program that put the QT libraries
there.  Perhaps this could even be an old version of QGIS - does
anyone know if the Windows installer ever put QT in the system
directory?