QTCore4.dll Error (was Re: [Qgis-user] bug)

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 01:02:26 PST 2011

Hi,
I fixed the subject... so at least that one is working :-)

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Alister Hood
<alister.hood at synergine.com>wrote:

> Hi Sam,
>
> > Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:59:12 -0800
> > From: Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] bug
> > To: "M.E.Dodd" <m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk>
> > Cc: "qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
> >
> > Hi,
> > For a moment their i thought that it could solve my problem for not
> > being
> > able to open up qgis 1.6
> > but i still get the same error.
> >
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZZVhnhDbi8H5tdJZUsbDrQ?feat=direct
> > link
> >
> > However, I found and interesting search results
> >

> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xJmzGR2LOYGCaJp9X21Iag?feat=direct
> > link
> >
> > What does Webkit-image actually do?  Is it part of the installer?
> > semi-answered by own question
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit
>
> I read that Webkit-image is a "web browser" which saves an image of a
> Web page (rather than displaying the page).
> I don't know what would have installed it on your machine, but not QGIS.

It was probably an old attempt at trying to run KDE Marble Desktop
http://edu.kde.org/marble/
And one of the attempts to try and get the latest version, not only
downloaded... but working too :)
(It asks to install KDE and the entire desktop platform and to compile the
program myself)
.. so i use an older version of it, and it seems fine :)

> But I think this dll shouldn't be a problem... unless C:\webkit-image
> has
> been permanently added to your Windows PATH variable.
>

> > When i do the full install of qgis 1.6 there is no 'uninstaller' which
> > is
> > available.  I assume that there 'should' be one on install?
> >
> > I dont want to remove the one in the Windows folder, incase it's used
> > to run
> > windows.
>
> I think you'll find that the one in the Windows folder is causing your
> problem.  QT isn't used by Windows itself, so you could try deleting it,

Nope ...
Through the installation process, i do get this error
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zhaWc-940Gg8JkNNq4UD6w?feat=directlink

And once i startup qgis i get a new entry point error
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mXbj2jrEZx0-dXjH4sY-gw?feat=directlink

Anyway, i guess Qgis 1.6 is not designed to work my computer lol.... maybe
version 1.7 will work :)
the older versions are VERY difficult to find, especially the version that
doesn't include all those extra programs that a beginner map maker would
never use. (im sure they are wonderful programs, but just use up space if
they dont get used)
The qgis website does not have any links to the older versions

http://gamblis.com/2010/03/30/quantum-gis-version-1-4-free-download/

 And hey, this program version works just fine and no complaint from it :)

cheers,
Sam