QTCore4.dll Error (was Re: [Qgis-user] bug)

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:35:35 PST 2011

HI,

> I think CCleaner won't achieve much - isn't it intended to clean up
> after programs that have been uninstalled?

Unless qgis is a virus... it's supposed to remove it all.

> The problem is probably due to other QT libraries (i.e. not QtCore)

Never met QtCore ...

> The GRASS included in the QGIS installer won't conflict with QGIS.  If
> you also had a standalone GRASS installed maybe that could cause
> problems.
> But GRASS does not use QT.  Your problem is the program that thought it
> was a good idea to install QT libraries in the Windows system directory.
>

> Did you say that an older installer of QGIS does work?  Which one?

qgis 1.4 without GRASS works just fine... and it has a nice 'uninstaller'
 the error was introduced in 1.5 and carried into 1.6, and does not include
an uninstaller.

Hopefully, qgis 1.7 will include an uninstaller, and not include GRASS. (If
i wanted to install GRASS, then i would go to that website and install it)
.... and i did install it, and it requires a big learning curve...
  As this might solve the problem, .. maybe by that time i'll have figured
it out :-)

Cheers,
Sam