QTCore4.dll Error (was Re: [Qgis-user] bug)

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Jan 27 22:16:19 PST 2011

> 	The problem is probably due to other QT libraries (i.e. not
> QtCore)
>
> Never met QtCore ...

QtCore4.dll was the one in the screenshots you posted.

> qgis 1.4 without GRASS works just fine... and it has a nice
> 'uninstaller'  the error was introduced in 1.5 and carried into 1.6,
> and does not include an uninstaller.
>
> Hopefully, qgis 1.7 will include an uninstaller, and not include
GRASS.
> (If i wanted to install GRASS, then i would go to that website and
> install it) .... and i did install it, and it requires a big learning
> curve...
>   As this might solve the problem, .. maybe by that time i'll have
> figured it out :-)

Sure... but if the errors were all in the QT libraries then I don't
think GRASS can be the problem.  Maybe QGIS 1.4 is compatible with the
libraries in your system directory.  Or maybe it is somehow set up
differently, so it can't see them...

Alister