[Qgis-user] Bugs

jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Thu Jul 7 05:54:39 PDT 2011

Hi Guys,
        A few bugs with QGIS 1.7.0. Unfortunately there's no obvious way
to actually create an account or report bugs on your bug tracker so I'm
forced to post them here.

1) I have a ~600MB raster in JP2000 format (*.jp2). QGIS doesn't seem to
be able to load this, at least not in a timely manner. It spent at least 5
mins sitting there eating 100% CPU and using quite a bit of RAM.
I also have a ~4GB ECW file which similar things happen with. Both files
are projected (OSGB - 27700) and I'm fairly sure they have pyramids.

MapInfo, ArcGIS, MapModeller (all proprietary), and MapWindow (Open
Source) are all capable of displaying both images in fractions of a
second.

This is on a Windows 2008 R2 Machine.

2) I load a shapefile that's projected in British National Grid into QGIS.
The built in QGIS scale shows "degrees" rather than "metres" as the
measurement unit despite showing "0" to "30,000" numerically (so it is
showing metres, it's just incorrectly saying "degrees". This is to a new
map that has no other layers added.

3) Why is there a "(c) QGIS 2011" in the bottom right of the map viewer?
99% + of other programs use the Help->About page for that.

Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.