[Qgis-user] QGIS server on Windows

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Jul 11 07:55:33 PDT 2011

Moin Till,

On Mon, 11. Jul 2011 at 16:25:02 +0200, adams wrote:
> we are trying to get QGIS Server up and running on a win-box (or should
> I say: We have to? ;-)).

> I used the osgeo4w advanced installation, which partly brings the
> built-in qgis-server.

> Unfortunately the sources in the osgeo4w package seem to be old(er),
> when I understood right, there is a fix in the newer sources
> (http://osdir.com/ml/qgis-user-gis/2011-05/msg00041.html)...

You can hardly get anything more current, than the nightly build (aka qgis-dev)
- which also includes the server.

http://localhost/qgis-dev/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe?map=d:/path/to/your/project.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Should work...

> My problem is, working on wondows is for me like working with ten
> thumbs, five on each hand, so I am not able to compile anything on win.

Sounds familiar, but cygwin helps - still the window manager is odd.

> Is there anybody out there having a qgis_fcgi.exe up and running and is
> willing to share the software with me?

Already done. ;)

> Are there more experiences with the QGIS server on windows?

Not much on my end - yet.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden