[Qgis-user] Customized-QGis for Land Management

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 12 23:28:17 PDT 2011

 Hi,

 On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:25:39 +0700, Yudho Indardjo wrote:
> Dear QGIS suhu,

 don't know what a "suhu" is ...

> Where can I find a shortest way to develop QGIS as a main software
> for
> Land Management?
> Im just considering :
> - design a customized-QGIS

 This is already possible. You have a lot of options:

 * change menu entries and toolbars
 * customize settings and paths
 * write plugins
 * embed QGIS into your own application (not really recommended unless
 really needed, but it works)
 etc.

 See also
 http://www.qgis.org/images/usermeetings/rapperswil/slides/20110506_konfektionierung_von_qgis_cedric.pdf
 - these slides are in german, but I guess you will easily understand
 them as the options are in english anyway.

> - connection with GPS for realtime updating location

 also possible --> see GPS Tools plugin

> - storing attribut data into a database system (ex. MS Access)

 also possible, but I would not recommend MS Access. Access to MS Access
 may even be read-only. It has a lot of limitations and can't be easily
 transfered to other platforms or applications. I would recommend either
 PostgreSQL/Postgis, for a central solution, or SpatiaLite for a mobile
 solution. Both can be used together in the sense of a checkout from
 Postgis to SpatiaLite, disconnected editing, and check-in of the
 changes. See "Offline Editing" plugin.

 Hope this helps,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann