[Qgis-user] QGIS Map Canvas errors (1.7)

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Wed Jul 13 03:23:51 PDT 2011

Hi

We are currently working on app developed outside of QGIS.  We had previously worked with QGIS 1.6 and all was well... having now upgraded to 1.7 (also running under Ubuntu), it seems the QGIS map canvas is no longer working for us. Trying to display a layer (vector or raster) results in a number of error messages, of the form:

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode: 12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Resource id:  0xa40127e

On closer inspection, it appears that python-qgis and "plain" qgis are using different versions of QtQui - python-qgis is using libqt 4.7.0(Beta) and qgis is using 4.6.1.  Is there a reason that these versions are different, and could this be the source of the errors?

Thanks
Derek

and is believed to be clean.