[Qgis-user] Comfortable attribute-editing plugin?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jul 18 02:42:44 PDT 2011

 HI Stephan,

 This does not need a plug-in. It is already built in to QGIS.

 There is a setting which allows the direct opening of a form with the
 identify tool, if there is a direct hit. You need to change the
 following settings:

 Menue Settings --> Options --> Map Tools --> Mode "Top Down, Stop at
 First"
 same dialogue, just below: enable checkbox "Open feature form, if a
 single feature is identified".

 -----------

 As to the form:

 there are two options:
 a) customize the widgets (you can set widgets, like checkboxes,
 comboboxes, sliders, hide, set read-only, text editor, etc.) - but the
 form will always stay in a table

 You can adjust this in the Layer properties dialogue --> tab "Fields"
 --> column "Edit widget"

 b) design your own form in qt-designer, save it as a .ui file. You need
 to name the widgets identical to the column name.

 After saving the file to the .ui (preferably relative to the .qgs
 project file), you can specify it in the layer properties dialogue -->
 "General" tab --> Edit ui file. After this setting, QGIS will display
 your custom dialogue instead of the standard dialogue. It will fill in
 and read values to/from this form and save the data along with your
 geometric edits.

 Hope this helps?

 Andreas

 On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:20:27 +0200, Stephan Holl wrote:
> Dear QGIS-users,
>
> I am looking for a Plugin which helps my users editing their
> attribute-data.
>
> The usecase:
>   we habe point-data living in a PostGIS-Table. What we need is a
> tool
>   which selects a point an opens a window where the attributes can be
>   edited directly. Is there something arround? The usual way of
> selecting
>   a point, change to the attribute-table, enable editing and type
> into
>   the somewhat small rows does not seem valuable.
>
> Looking forward for your suggestions.
>
> Best
>
> 	Stephan

 Andreas Neumann