[Qgis-user] Table joins - CSV data

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:29:19 PDT 2011

I have a shapefile of parcels in a city with 'ParcelNumb' as my target
field. In an alternate CSV database I have addresses and ownership
information with 'PARCELNUMB' as the target field. I want to join these two
files based on the parcel number.

My first thought was to load the CSV as a vector file, and do a table join
based on parcel numbers. Unfortunately, the csv file will only load as a
point file. When I try to do a join, it won't let me select the csv file, as
it is points and not a polygon.

My second thought was to try the MMQGIS plugin. In this case, each time I
try to append the file it spits out an error claiming it could not find the
field I was interested in. I tried changing the name in the fields to both
read 'ParcelNumb' to no success.

Any ideas, alternative solutions, or comments on my misuse?

--
all the best,
Lee