[Qgis-user] Re:qgis2google and clipper plugins

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 20 16:25:47 PDT 2011

On 21/07/2011, at 05:19 , J Layug wrote:

> Dear All,

[snipped a bit out here]

> The other is the Clipper Plugin using a vector mask, produces this error:
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\GdalTools\tools\widgetPluginBase.py", line 27, in someValueChanged
>     self.emit(SIGNAL("valuesChanged(const QStringList &)"), self.getArguments())
>   File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\GdalTools\tools\doClipper.py", line 105, in getArguments
>     return self.getArgsModeMask()
>   File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./python/plugins\GdalTools\tools\doClipper.py", line 143, in getArgsModeMask
>     if self.alphaBandCheck.isChecked():
> TypeError: 'sip.methoddescriptor' object is not callable

I can't really help on this, except to confirm it.

Looking at the help, I'm not really clear on how a vector mask fits into the available options - unless it's a rectangle. But I'm very new at trying to understand GDAL from command line options, so I could just be being blind.

If you need something other than a rectangle (and I do occasionally), you could try clipping to a rectangle (by feeding it coordinates) and then masking the unwanted bits.
But, this is not really a hand-data-over-to-client ready solution.

Hope this is of some help,

-ramon.