[Qgis-user] Labeling street addresses

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jul 25 23:31:05 PDT 2011

On 07/25/2011 11:25 PM, Lauri Kajan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a street data set that contains street addresses on a street
> line in form of first left, first right, last left and last right.
> Is there a way to label these addresses the way those are typically
> labelled in a street maps (at the start and at the end both side of a
> road)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Lauri Kajan

My best guess is to convert a copy of the lines into point features
where the points created have the value for the end they are closest to.
You might have to do it twice, once for left and once for right.

Database tricks or some python scripting might be necessary to get the
data into that format. Though giving some of the current plugins a try
(may need a couple) would be worthwhile.

If you could provide a sample of several records maybe there will be
more ideas.

Thanks,
Alex