[Qgis-user] Subsection of an OSM dataset

Jeremy Stocks jeremyll33 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 00:43:40 PDT 2011

Hi there,
This is my first post here. I had a cursory glance at the archives but didn't find much of help in this respect.

I've downloaded a subset of an Openstreetmap planet file - even down to German "Regierungsbezirk" level of Oberbayern where I live, yet I want to narrow it down to an even smaller segment. My data were downloaded from Geofabrik as Shapefile as the BZ2 OSM original dataset didn't import into Post GIS.
Any pointers? I am on Windows XP.
Jeremy Stocks
Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies. at http://iamrogertheshrubber.wordpress.com/