[Qgis-user] Beginner: scanned and georeferenced map looks stretched

Magnus Ekhall magnus.ekhall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 09:49:57 PDT 2011

I'm a beginner with qgis and need some help.

I've scanned a map and georeferenced it using the plugin.

When it appears in qgis it looks stretched: about double as wide as on paper.
However, the coordinates are correct. I can load a gpx-file into a
vector layer, and it gets overlaid on the correct parts of the raster
map.

Is there a way to change horizontal and/or vertical scale on the screen?

I think the reason might be (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the
paper map is originally in SWEREF99, but I georeferenced in using
points of WGS84...

I tried to georeference it in SWEREF99 directly, but then the gpx
tracks would load to completely different areas.

Regards,
Magnus