[Qgis-user] change CRS of layer

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 02:40:02 PDT 2011

If the layer isn't being picked up correctly in the first place I'd go:

create new project: set project CRS to the one the layer is in
load the vector file.
Save As ...

I'm nto sure how QGIS would transform a vector file that had the
incorrect CRS but the default (according to the 1.7 docs I read) is to
load the unkown vector file as the project CRS.

I'm vaguely recalling a few extra steps in getting the right CRS in
the older versions. I've been on 1.7 & 1.8 for long enough to forget.

Matt