[Qgis-user] installation problem in Windows XP

Mark Hall mhall89446 at att.net
Sat Jun 4 10:02:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using a 32bit, Windows XP machine and am getting the following error message
when I start QGIS 1.6.0:

The procedure entry point TIFFMergeFieldInfo could not be located in the dynamic
link library libtiff.dll.

I looked on the forum webpages and another user in early May reported the
same problem, but no answer.  The libtiff.dll file exists in the Quantum GIS\bin
folder on my local drive.  (It also exists elsewhere on my C drive, since it is
evidently used by a variety of other programs.

Any suggestions?

The last version of QGIS on this machine was 0.1.0 (Io?).  It was removed before
installation.

Best, Mark Hall