[Qgis-user] Bugs, release of 1.7 and release of 1.7 as beta

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Jun 5 04:01:33 PDT 2011

Hi

We have had discussions like this in the past. Unfortunately the word
'beta' in software is so overused it has become largely meaningless.
Google mail was in beta for many years and many people used it in a
production environment in that time. Our standard policy with QGIS is
'Here is a current snapshot of our best work. Try it and if it meets
your needs use it.' All previous versions of QGIS are kept in
circulation so if you do have a major issue with 1.7, file a bug, keep
using 1.6, sit tight and wait for the 1.7.x bug fix releases which
will come out.

Regards

Tim

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 05/06/2011 01:06, Goyo ha scritto:
>
>> workflow. OTOH I also think many bugs in the linked report are not
>> really "must fix for release".
>
> Sounds reasonable.
> So please help us reclassifying these cases.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

 * QGIS programming and support services