[Qgis-user] Bugs, release of 1.7 and release of 1.7 as beta

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Jun 7 02:33:10 PDT 2011

Dnia wtorek, 7 czerwca 2011 o 07:24:06 Paolo Cavallini napisaƂ(a):
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 05:57:43 +0200, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
>
> wrote:
> > what features specifically in the print composer are missing?
> >
> > I often hear people complain about missing features in the print
> > composer, but I think that at the current trunk version it is already
> > quite powerful and maybe the people just aren't aware about some
> > functionality.
>
> Agreed. I also had people complaining about map composer being "not
> powerful enough", but when questioned, I never could get a list of missing
> features (apart from resizable, multicolumn legends, you're right).
> Please let us know what is still missing: the more accurate you are the
> more chances you have your request will be fulfilled.

1. Multiline text for menu items. Now if you force EOL character, it works in
the right panel, but not on the sheet.

2. Copy & paste composer items. With many text labels in the layout, it would
be extremely nice to be able to create just one, set its style and clone a few
times. In the perfect world, even between two composers.

3. Set options for multiple items. Now if you select two items at once, some
tools work on both, but item properties change only the last one. Would be
nice to make it working, however probably less cost-effective than the point 2.

I'll open tickets as soon as I migrate myself to redmine :)