[Qgis-user] attribute table

Julio Cesar Canales DElgadillo cadj0506 at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Jun 9 08:35:32 PDT 2011

Hello everybody,

Do you know how can I change the type of a field in the attributes table of a shp? I'm trying to get the counts of the values of a field that is determined as string, thus in the query, qgis doesn't recognize the difference between 10 and 14 (because as string both have a 1). I thing that changing the field to type integer this problem can be solved, but I don't know how to do that.
If  you now how to do it and can share the tipp, it would be great for me.

Thanks in advance.

Biól.MCF. Julio César Canales Delgadillo.

Verhaltensbiologie

Barbarastr. 11

Fachbereich 5 Biologie/Chemie

Universität Osnabrück