[Qgis-user] Raster -> Merge (gdal_merge) failure

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 05:27:23 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:

> you need to activate it in the plugin manager.

Thanks, yes, I'm not thinking well well just at present. The problem
is that after I do this it puts me straight back to where I was,
Raster -> Merge fails with the message "The process crashed some time
after starting successfully."

> as I said, if it fails from the command line you should look for the
> problem in your gdal installation, not qgis.

But QGIS installs the version of Gdal that it needs, but it appears
that QGIS won't use it, or not the raster merging features. Raster ->
Warp, for example, *does* work.

Regards, Nick.

--
Nick Hopton, Caversham, Reading, England.