[Qgis-user] does open layers distribute my own layers?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 22 23:29:02 PDT 2011

 Hi,

 Your data is certainly not automagically uploaded to OL servers. It
 wouldn't even be technically feasible.

 It is your responsibility, however, to respect the Open Layers license,
 which is quite liberal, anyway. BSD style licenses typically only
 require that you do not remove the copyrights from the source code and
 give credits. It is totally fine to combine it with commercial services.

 Andreas

 On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:17:39 -0700 (PDT), cubarro wrote:
> Dear qgis users.
>
> I am wondering  about the use of Open Layers.  Because I am not
> lawyer and I
> have not read all the conditions on using this data, I have a
> question.
>
> If I use open layers, my own data will be automatically distributed
> to those
> servers?
>
> Regards.
>
> Lopez