[Qgis-user] Editing polygons

Laura Guillot lguillot.a at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:32:53 PDT 2011

I'm trying to reshape polygons of a lancover map, in order to make them to
be more
coincident with an overlaid raster image (orthophoto 1:5M).
If I just move the nodes to the correct position, I create a correct line
but leave a hole behind: the other
polygon keeps its line where it was. See a pict here:
https://sites.google.com/site/lguillotdummy/home/boundaryproblem.jpeg

 Is there any way I could just move the lines as boundaries?

I've tried by converting poygons to lines first, but the problem is very
much the same: it seems like
there is always a double line, one for each adjacent polygon.

A possible solution would be having the lines automatically cut into
segments, each going from one vertex to another.
And having just one segment for each boundary. Is that possible? Is there a
process to cut into segments after running polygons to lines?

Or perhaps there is a cmpletely different way to accomplish the same goal:
modifying the boundaries between polygons.

Thanks!